View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by suzic46
I love that cake!! So cute, made me smile.

It's so nice to read about how close your family is. I think family is the most important thing, not that I was raised that way. It's something I've always craved, having a close knit family. I'm that way with my DH and kids and his family, but my family is purely professional. Each one has a degree and a very good job, my mother was a professor and my brothers and sisters mostly teachers. Me? Well that's another story, black sheep describes me well. I moved here to get closer to my DM & DD and that has happened, but one of my sisters and one brother live here and I never see them. So anyway, sorry so long. I think your family closeness is awesome!!! :D
I have always hated being an only child but when I hear people having problems with siblings - my mom has 13 brothers and sisters and they all have little to do with her-- then I think maybe being an only isn't so bad.

I do get down when I only hear from my boys once every two or three months sometimes. I know they live busy lives but they do call now and then. Usually when they want or need something!! But they do call. Nathan will call while he is on the road and talk for an hour or more.

I have a close relationship with my daughter Sara. We are each others support system. We don't talk every day but most days. The longest is usually 3 days. She even calls me when on vacation. I don't know what I would do without her.

I do tease her sometimes that if something happens to me she will inherit her dad and her grandma Dot (my mom)!! She says nothing can happen to me because she doesn't want to have to deal with her dad and grandma on a day to day basis!!! They would all three drive each other crazy!!!!!