View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:29 AM
path49

Your White takes the pulley that's still available....so that's good! The machines I have that use the tapered pulley are an old National Reversew & a Montgomery Wards Rotary.

And that notch in the bed is for the cord...that bakelite piece on the cord goes in there if the machine is in a cabinet....clarified a little further down!

And the plug that connects to the machine opens up so replacing the cord is pretty easy too. BUT, if you don't want to mess with making a new cord, look for a Kenmore 3 prong plug on ebay. There are always dozens of them...with & without foot pedals...new & used (yeah, they're still available new!). Don't pay any attention to the model #s that the sellers list...if the plug looks the same, it's the right one. That particular cord fits Kenmores, Whites, Domestics, & probably more so they can't list all the machines it fits. White used to make Kenmore & the power cords are the same. My White is a 77 Rotary...a little later model than yours but, looks pretty much the same. On mine the tension knob is on the front but the actual tension assembly is on the side. And my stitch length knobs are numbered instead of showing the #s in a window. That forward/reverse stitch length is neat too...you can backstitch with a tiny stitch to secure the threads better!

I bought my White at a yard sale a LONG time ago...I wanted the cabinet it was in for one of my Kenmores. So my Kenmore 158.17550 is in the cabinet...& my White is in a Kenmore case. When the White was in it's original cabinet, that bakelite piece was in the bed & the cord to the foot/knee control went thru that into the cabinet...the cord to the wall stayed outside. If you put it in a case, you won't be using it. BUT I kept it just in case I put it back into a cabinet.

Mine sews really nice. I think you'll like it when you get it running!

Last edited by path49; 06-23-2012 at 09:44 AM.