Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Havplenty

~ louise y'all stay safe there.

~ i wanna send a big thanks to krystyna for the rak of fabric scraps she sent me. i received an envelope stuffed full of scraps. thanks a whole bunch. they will be put to good use. krystyna i hadn't made it to my po box in a while so it looks like you sent these about a week ago. please know that i didn't ignore you i just had so much going on and hadnt been to pick up my mail. i was really surprised today to get your package.

~ right now my camera card and my computer are not playing well together. the computer wants to reformat my card and wipe all my pics away and i cannot have that. so no pics to post right now. i gotta find out how to save my data card.

~ my interview in phoenix went well by my account. as much as i love to fly, trying to do a one day turn around trip was grueling. i started my day at 4:30 am to catch a 7:30am 3 hour flight to phoenix. the plane left 30 minutes late and once we got to phoenix, we had to stay on the plane for about an hour because there was no gate open to unload the plane. imagine a plane full of children, babies crying, everyone talking and moving about. the plane did leave the air on so it was not stuffy. i called the company after i got off the plane to let them know i would be late. i get to the rental car place and the car was not set up direct bill as it should have been. so three phone calls between the company, the rental car clerk and myself and we got that all straightened out. any of these things could have thrown me off and messed me up for this interview but i didn't plan to let them.

now that i am good and late for the interviews, they had to reschedule everyone and cut the interviews very short so that i could get back to the airport and make my flight home. i told the relo manager that i was not dissuaded and plan to get through my interviews in stellar form. well by now the interview team had heard of my hiccups to get there. i interviewed with the v.p. of tax first and that interview went very well. he walked away saying he really liked me and thought i would be a good addition to the team. next i interviewed with the manager that i would work with and i do believe that interview went well. third the director of tax came in and only had an opportunity to say hello and ask 1 or 2 questions and he told me how he moved his family to phoenix from indiana without a job in hand because they wanted out of the cold. but he has landed on his feet. the v.p. was a transplant from chicago and the manager was native to phoenix.

i stayed calm during the whole rushed ordeal and had to make a mad dash to catch my plane home. i get there with only an hour to take off and was rushing so badly, i had not eaten anything all day so it was a good thing that i has stuffed 2 pears in my purse before i left home. there are rules that you have to be checked in 30 minutes before flight time. well i couldn't get my boarding pass until i got to the gate counter and my notice from the lobby kiosk said i was not checked in. the problem is that a name similar to mine was on the do not fly list so i have an extra layer of security i have to go through to fly. i know what a headache but i had to apply for some sort of document from tsa so that i at least could get on a plane. i got to the gate counter 20 minutes before my flight time with my fingers crossed that i would be able to check in. southwest has so graciously printed my boarding passes before i got to the counter.....thank god!!!!

now my flight home was not direct but a 5 hour flight with 1 layover. the flight from phoenix to chicago was delayed 45 minutes. i get to midway and my flight was delayed by 1 hour so by time i got home at 11:30pm i was seeing double. i feel like i have a hangover today. monday i will do my follow up calling with the company to see if there were any questions not asked or anything additional i can supply them. they company officials really wanted to make sure that i was serious about relocating to phoenix. i let them know that i have a support network already in place there so i would not be isolated. a chapter of my professional group is there. while i realize that there are many factors that could knock me out of contention for this job, my prayer has been that if this is where i am suppose to be, then i am ready to make the move. so i wait to hear further from the company.

Last edited by Havplenty; 06-23-2012 at 04:44 PM.