Old 06-23-2012, 04:58 PM
auntpiggylpn

We too plot out the local quilt shops when we are traveling somewhere. I usually only buy if it is a fabric that my favorite LQS doesn't have. When we were in Tennessee earlier this year, we found several LQS to go to. I always buy at least a FQ or 2 in each shop. There was one shop in particular that we spent an extended amount of time in. It was a very small shop but had a wonderful selection of fabrics. The owner and her husband (who was the fabric cutter by the way) were so pleasant that we felt like we had known them forever. I found several fabrics to purchase and she had a shop sample of a quilt she had made that I fell in love with. She let me take pictures of the quilt and helped me find all the fabrics, and even gave me a little discount. She even gave me the pattern for FREE!

The beginning of this month, we took a trip to Michigan to go camping and see family. We found a few LQS and checked them out. At one of the shops, again a small one, the owner was so friendly and talkative that I did purchase several fabrics from her and spent a couple hours browsing and chatting. The 2nd shop we went to, even smaller than the first, had 3 people standing at their counter and didn't even acknowledge us until I needed something cut. I bought a yard of fabric and 2 FQs there.

Sometimes, when I'm on vacation, I just don't feel like LQS shopping. It happens but rest assured the feeling always passes!