Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Well, the alcohol took enough of the marker off that I'm satisfied. Thanks Up North for the suggestion. Here it is. It's a Brother 221 Galaxie and I'm guessing it's from the 70's. I got it for not much, because there's no foot control. I have an extra that I need to rewire for a permanent solution. I spent about 2 hours degreasing and lubricating. The reverse and stitch length arm were pretty stuck. All the innards are metal including the cams. However, there are two nylon gears. One has a small crack but it still sews great and all the stitches are nice. My Morse has a similar crack and also sews great. So, I'm not going to worry about it. What I think is pretty cool are the built in stitches. I've never seen a machine this age with built in duck, butterfly and fish stitches. Neato! I like the lemon color and I'm glad I was able to get it running.
Candace, I like the yellow and green! I don't see any evidence of a permanent marker either! You got the cams too? I'd guess 70's. It looks like a fun machine! I see it has needle positioning! So does my Pfaff! Left, middle, right needle positioning, and they both drop their feed dogs!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-23-2012 at 07:59 PM.