View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:12 AM
mary74

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
There is no right way. If you like the way it looks, then it's right I usually prefer symmetrical, and might feel obliged to add a row - but that's just me (more likely I would have resized the blocks to make it fit with a symmetrical layout). I try to fight that need, because asymmetrical often looks awesome.

Keep in mind however - if it fits perfect now, it will likely shrink when you quilt it. And again with you wash it. My "fits perfect" quilt for my bed is now a couple inches short all around. The border that was supposed to start the drape now frames the bed instead. So you may wish you had added that row later, if you really want it to fit right on top.
I like balance and it is bothering me that they are not ending in the same square. I did not think about shrinkage, this is perfect, I will put another row on and it should be pretty much the perfect size and I will feel much better about the balance! I now realize I should have thought about this before I had all 197+ blocks cut out! Thank you.