Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
I don't think it can be treadled easily. The motor and belts are under the bed of the machine. To remove them would be major. One of its belts has 73 cleats running up through the machine. I sent a photo of the plug in to A-1 Sewing, who has been around as long as I can remember. He sent back a message that that belt is no longer in production. I will just keep checking e-bay and googling until I eventually find a belt. I don't want to change anything about this machine! It will just occupy a nice shelf in my sewing room for now! There are a couple very old repair guys around here I will check with too!

Nancy[ATTACH=CONFIG]344256[/ATTACH]

This is what the plug in looks like - a little different!
Nancy, you mention both plugs and belts. I thought you were just looking for a plug? I just bought a belt for my 332 and I had to wait close to a year to get one (original belt, new/old stock) as I couldn't pay $60 for a rubber belt!!! I finally got one for $55. So plan on spending in the $55-$70 range for a belt for these. I bet they make a rubber lug reproduction. I had to hunt on google for quite some time, but they're available. It's just really hard to pay so much for a rubber belt when typically it only costs a few dollars for other machines. But, I bit the bullet and did it. The belt is sitting here on my counter and I'm planning on getting my 332 up and running today. The 332 took an 84 cleated motor belt.

Make sure you specify in your orders and search, which belt you're looking for. They have two belts, a motor belt and another belt.