View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 AM
auntpiggylpn

Okay, I might not be much help because I pin my quilts; haven't tried the spray mainly because I don't mind the pinning. I too am at a disadvantage as I don't have a large dining room table and I refuse to lay my quilts on the floor (3 dogs, 4 cats - doesn't matter how often you vacuum!!) What I do have is a cutting table that I purchased from Hancocks. It has 2 sides that flip up. Unfortunately, my sewing area is soo small that I can only flip up one side. So I work on a 3 ft X 3 ft area. I have marks on each side of the table and in the center. I find the center of my backing and I match up the very center points. I clamp my backing down to the table. I lay my batting on and I also find the center of my top and lay it on top of the backing and batting. Then I pin as usual. I work from left to right and top to bottom in small sections. When I have all of the table pinned, I re-adjust the quilt on the table and keep at it. Most of the time after I do my initial pinning of the center, I take the clamps off and do the rest of the pinning without them. It is time consuming (but pinning is) and it isn't super fast but I can proudly say that when I am done pinning, there are no wrinkles in my back and I am set to go!