Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gail B View Post
Great block. We don't see many Canadian themed quilts on QB. I've been wanting to do one for a long time. You have inspired me to make one NOW. I'm looking for a mountie pattern to incorporate with the maple leaf.

Perhaps you and others would like to join us on this thread??
http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...e-t186260.html

It's not a challenge in the sense of a competition! It's more a challenge to ourselves to "do something" and was started by two Canucks who wanted to get at projects they'd been thinking about. Perhaps you'll get some inspiration as to what to do ... and at the least, you'll have some great cheerleaders to help you get started on your Canadian themed quilt you want to do (or other patriotic projects for any country!). OBTW you can check out my Mountie WIP!!!!

You'll also notice that the challenge date was Canada Day ... though we've all agreed that the challenge is going to be ongoing and there's no deadline at all!!! It was more a date that Works4Me and myself put forth to nudge ourselves to get at it and have something for this year's Canada Day instead of another PUP awaiting another Canada Day!!!

Come One, Come all!! ... you're all welcome from any part of the world!

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-24-2012 at 09:11 AM.