View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Lori S

I have made her designs .. they are not for the faint of quilting heart !! Some of her patterns do NOT include the papers . I know they were working to include papers in the most recent printings , but do be careful if buying on line or in person that the papers are inculded. THe first one I did was VERY problematic ... the instructions called for the desings to be traced onto your paper... there is a copyright printed on each page .. so copying was not ... well easy. Plus many of the designs were on paper so large I hade to use paper typically used for architectural prints. It ended up costing me an additional $30.00 . The designer has limited English abilites ... and who ever translates .. is not a quilter/sewer.. there were terms in the instructions that had no relevance to the pattern.
I know they are were working to improve but if you happen to purchase a pattern that was printed prior to the improvements ... it can be a struggle.
There were some yardage requirements I did not find clear enough for my purposes.. One yardage requirement on the pattern just said "Lots" ... what the heck does that mean... !
Spending the $$$ for the patterns I had the expectation the sewing /quilting would be challenging ... not getting through the pattern itself.
Her designs are beautful !