View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Gerbie

[QUOTE=Suzan88;5309200]I was given 9 of these blocks to use for a Linus quilt. Someone went to a lot of bother to make them so I want to make something nice with them but they look like shadows against any other color I've tried so far. All my fabrics are bright - well mostly - and yellows, ginger, green, white...all make the blocks look grey.
Any suggestions from people with a better eye for color or design would be much appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343981[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

Suzanne My thoughts would be perhaps a soft mint green or peach. Use either color and the other for a cornerstone. I would just frame each block with sashing and use both colors for the binding. What are you planning for the backing? You could make a reversible bindind, using both colors that you decide on the sashing. Reversibles are easy and quick with no mitering for corners.If you should be interested in the reversible binding pm me and I will give you directions for doing this. I learned to do this method from Sharon Pederson's "Reversible Quilts Two at a Time" I love it. I just finished the Hope's Rose Garden" quilt king size that you can view in the quilt picture section, and I used this method for the binding on her quilt. I plan to use it a lot from now on. It lays very good with the seam it has. Beautiful blocks, good luck. If you choose not to go with sashing between the blocks, and just sew them together as they are you will develop another pattern that will go with the blocks. This would really be coo, then add borders in the colors of the blocks. I am always trying to make different patterns in my quilts when I put my blocks together. I love that challenge. Gerbie

Last edited by Gerbie; 06-24-2012 at 09:27 AM.