Old 06-24-2012, 09:24 AM
melinda1962

Love the Yellow Brother and the Pfaff. My Yellow Brother, Miss Miriam is the shiz nit for sure. I finally made a quilt with her and quilted it with my Pfaff 230, which is easier for me to quilt on, because it is in a cabinet. Miss Miriam is quiet and fast. Miriam had told me it was free wheeling, and it is awesome. I posted the quilt and its story on the quilt page.

I went yard saling yesterday, and there was a 80's Kenmore that looked like it had never been used, and a babylock EA 605 serger (I suspect it followed a worker home from our garment factory years ago)that had a broken needle. Each was priced $20, but I checked back at the close of the sale, and turned out to be 2 for $20. The Kenmore is about the cleanest machine I have bought, with a sears carrying case. Serger will sew and cut, after I replaced the needle. It is amazing how much user friendly sergers have gotten....mine uses regular needles and threads easy, but I had needles for this one anyway, from a 3 thread Singer 14U, I got for free a few years back from our high school home ec department.

Good day all around.