Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
You and me both, PokerDiva. Of course, the fact I fused pattern on the wrong side of the black so the head appears reversed from the way I wanted it, doesn't help either. I just traced the head again & will now apply the fusible to the back of the black & then fuse it to the background facing it the correct direction this time. Darn my mixed up brain.
You too??

I am so mad at myself I can just spit.

I spent hours printing just the right size font and measuring them on the quilt top to make sure the words fit. Put the printed pages on the window (backwards - just like I'm supposed to) and traced 1/2 of the letters (20 characters in all) and thought ... did I trace this on the correct side of the paper (steam-a-seam has two papers ). I *thought* I remembered that I was supposed to trace it on the paper that didn't retain the web. When I looked at my tracings, I traced it on the paper that retained the web. So I erased all the tracings, flipped the paper and traced again. Now I've got 15 characters traced and I ran out of paper - went into the sewing room to get the remainder of the roll and ... read the directions. DUMMY DUMMY DUMMY!! I had it right the first time!! At least I haven't cut them yet.

My eraser is getting as much of a work out as my seam ripper usually does!

I need a break. Lunch sounds good. Yeah, that's what I'll blame it on ... low blood sugar (no I'm not diabetic)