Old 06-24-2012, 03:22 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, the slanted part of the outlet is for the foot control. I don't have that extra bit you have. I suspect yours is like that because it was in a table and came that way originally for the knee control or was rewired by someone? If you don't need the foot control you are set to go! Many of these machines have been reconfigured to bypass the foot control/outlet combo because they are near impossible to get and cost a fortune. If you can somehow take a picture of how the wiring meets the inside of the machine, I'd love to see that. Because, maybe I can rig something like what you have!

The vintage Pfaff yahoo group has lots of info. Are you a member?
I wonder if those machines were changed out when they were imported? I highly doubt if that control cord is recent. Nancy's machine is hardwired for a knee control - that machine was in a table. The girl I got it from kept the table but didn't want the machine. She said that was the only cord she got with it when grandma died. She said her mom and aunts sewed all their clothes on it back when they were teenagers. From the looks of it they didn't do much. Then the machine sat in her grandma's hall for years. My husband says it wouldn't be hard to make the cord longer.

Candace, I'm betting you could rig your machine to do the same. Probably a matter of pulling wires from the foot control port and patching in a wire and foot control. I'm betting that is a really dandy machine when it works properly.