View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 03:47 PM
kensington

Originally Posted by Heather Hayllar View Post
Welcome to the Board from Queensland, Aus
Lovely work. What is the story behind the Around the Worlds?
I think the story would be that my sister in law discovered the Eleanor Burns "Around the world quilt in a day" pattern and she started to make one fore each of the three couples in the family for Christmas, at that point, I had only made a hand ful of quilts, mine was blacks, reds and greens. She told me how she made them, and copied the directions and mailed them to me. I made one for my Godmother. It was the easiest quilt in the world to make. I didn't do it in a day... it took me about a week. But, mine was Queen sized.

I decided to make one for each of my 7 kids, and promptly started collecting the fabrics, I collected them on every sale I could. I was making Christmas quilts also. I made the King Size for my own bed, and continued to collect fabrics for the kids. My daughter teased me every year when opening gifts as to was "THIS" package her Christmas quilt. I had all the fabrics, washed pressed and ready.... for 7 quilts for 7 years. ROTFLOL. This year... I did it.

And every time I made a quilt she made a new remark. Like the shirt quilts and baby quilts or my sons for his wedding. She teased me badly.

I asked her what she wanted, and she said an I PAD... I said Uh... Ok. and pulled out the fabrics she had chosen 7 years ago and put it together, and one for her daughter, and one for her son. LOL.

This is for her girl, Mia Jean Made from same fabrics as moms

This for the boy, with one of his fabrics matching moms.

All three quilts are made with the same rotary cutting, sewing, recutting, resewing technique used in the quilt in a day pattern.

Last edited by kensington; 06-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.