View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 PM
sewsecksy

Cool sewsecksy

Originally Posted by QKO View Post
Lately some people have been victimized by a newer scam, one made possible by the remote access features in Windows 7. Here's how it works --

Someone calls you on the phone, claiming to be from Microsoft or from Norton or some other respected company. They claim that your computer has reported a virus, and that they can remove it remotely, for free.

If you agree, they'll start a remote session on your computer, which you'll need to approve by clicking on a button. They'll appear to be removing a virus, meanwhile they'll be planting a key-logger or other malware on your computer that will give them full access to your machine, including all your stored passwords, etc.

Please, if someone calls you with a virus story, don't agree to let them "fix" it.

I to have had many of these calls the last 3 months and it has even shut my one laptop completely down. I had gotten so fed up with these guys from an OutSource calling with very bad accents that I had told them I could not undestand them. They told me they would have a tech call me LOL NO. Couple of weeks later they called yet again, they just don't give up I told them NO they said I have a VIRUS in my computer DUH I told them they put it there. I said I didn't want to speak to them because I didn't understand what they were saying yet again. Time went by Again and other call same thing don't understand I got smart and started speaking Dutch to them and he said I don't understand what you are saying Mame sorry and hung up. Here is my Solution can't get rid of them just start speaking some other language if you know one or if you don't make one up. It worked for me, and by the way remove all Microsoft Hardward that is what caused my problem they installed it when I bought my Laptop at BestBuy and now I have a better and faster Computer. Sorry this is so long but I just had to get my point accross.