Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Jenniky

Urgodschild I like the triangles I went with another idea I had from staring at the star so much. I would be interested to know what type of a design you are going to quilt on it. I was thinking somekind of tear drop flower petals for mine or feathers within the open spaces. I want to try a specific design and as hard as it is for me Im giving myself permission to mess up and spend time frogging and resewing. I have pretty much only done a SITD or Criss cross type stuff. This will be the first time I attempt a quilt this large on my machine and also want to use the templates I bought a year ago for quilting. I have pulled out some of the geometrical boxes from within the star and Im putting them across the top and bottom to add length. On the sides Im going to try to make the braided sashing down each side. Im using the pattern from Quilters Cache for the braided sashing. Im setting up practice blocks today and rewatching tutorials on YouTube and Studying my books I have purchased on the subject of FMQ ing. Suppose it would be a good time to change my needle and oil my machine. Wish me luck

Chefbwarner wonderful quilt top. Love the browns.
Oksewnsew beautiful quilt tops both of them.

Last edited by Jenniky; 06-25-2012 at 02:25 AM.