Old 06-25-2012, 05:25 AM
4dogs

2 (2 drawer) filing cabinets, with a narrow closet door on top, to make a free table -
clean plastic boxes (from Sams cookies) to hold strips in various sizes, labeled as 2 1/2, 3/ 3 1/2,etc widths
Hard plastic cat litter buckets (from Sams) to hold scraps, cut to various sizes (2",3",4",etc)
half bushel (farmers market produce baskets) sitting on top of the fabric cabinets, to hold things like mens ties, sewing patterns,orphan squares, etc
2 large, white cabinets (from Lowes) that hold the stash (top shelves have fabric on bolts, bought in quanity for backings)
Used desk bottom half (the hutch was missing) from Goodwill (7.00) for cutting mat .........also ironing board (made from a piece of plywood, covered with batting and fabric)
looseleaf notebooks (from Goodwill, a dollar each) to hold all the free patterns from the internet(I use up a lot of computer ink)
large coffee mug to hold the cones of thread
old pill bottles to hold old needles, pins,etc (sharp things to toss)
cofffee creamer bottle to hold old rotary blades (to toss)
small beverage plastic bottle to keep water for the steam iron
Belt hoop to hold all the rulers, and hang it on a cup hook
round basket to hold all the larger thread cones in
a tin to hold the bobbins (mine held a rotary cutter from ebay)
old microwave cart (10.00 goodwill find) to hold the plastic boxes with all the strips (measured and cut already)
a large basket beside the machine to catch all the scraps as they accumulate (and then you have to measure, cut, file into the correct size cat liitter buckets)
*I have my small scissors tied to the machine drawer pull, with red ribbon...........seems I was always dropping the scissors and having to pick them up........now they are on the ribbon, so all I have to do to pick them up is pull.......
Magnetic telescope from Harbor Freight to pick up all those pins I dropped on the floor
a small plastic trash can on BOTH sides of the machine
a design wall hanging on the closet door, made from a flannel backed table cloth from the Dollar Tree Store
A coffee can for all the safety pins (we never have enough of those)
A pretty old china bowl (deep dish) for all the long, straight pins
a pretty old cookie tin that holds all the normal size thread spools
an old china cream pitcher pin-cushion
And I think that is all I can remember...........this is a wonderful thread and I have sure heard a lot of good suggestions to try. Thanks to all who have contributed their great ideas