View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:29 AM
Homemother

I looked at your original quilting and the second set of quilting and your practice quilting. I would recommend you start a new thread, such as an update to your original thread, because it seems like you want some more advice and folks don't usually read all the blog entries. This way, some of the same quilters who already posted will see the new thread and look at your progress and possibly comment again.

You must be working with small pieces. In your first try, the stitches were closer and the spaces on either side of the quilting seemed balanced. When you moved a quarter of an inch in, the space changed. This is the difference you see. You should try another block using your first "distance" from the seam and see which one you like better.

I think you are doing very well for your first attempt at hand quilting. It does get better the more you do. I am impatient and feel I should be able to be "close to perfect" within a short period of time. Humility took it's toll and I marched on. By the time I was done with the entire quilt, I was much better.

Good luck! I like your block and you've got a great start on developing your hand quilting skill!!!