Old 06-25-2012, 05:54 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Well, the alcohol took enough of the marker off that I'm satisfied. Thanks Up North for the suggestion. Here it is. It's a Brother 221 Galaxie and I'm guessing it's from the 70's. I got it for not much, because there's no foot control. I have an extra that I need to rewire for a permanent solution. I spent about 2 hours degreasing and lubricating. The reverse and stitch length arm were pretty stuck. All the innards are metal including the cams. However, there are two nylon gears. One has a small crack but it still sews great and all the stitches are nice. My Morse has a similar crack and also sews great. So, I'm not going to worry about it. What I think is pretty cool are the built in stitches. I've never seen a machine this age with built in duck, butterfly and fish stitches. Neato! I like the lemon color and I'm glad I was able to get it running.
Candace,
I'm putting a decorative stitch border on each of my denim quilt squares. I do not have a duck, bat/butterfly, or that style of fish. If I were to ask real sweet, kind of like ... purty please ... would you be willing to sew a border of each on a square for me? I'll cover the postage both ways and supply the thread too.

Joe