View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 AM
works4me

Busy place.

Jenniky - your firehouse block is looking great. You are very talented and creative.
dublb - congratulations and good luck with the "new" place. We know how most of your time will be spent for a while.
Muv - I hope you are feeling a lot better. Love the thistle. You do amazing work.
Liz92B - Welcome. That looks great. So glad you found us. We look forward to progress photos.
FMQ - Fabulous Muv.I agree that applique needs an outline. I have done free motion once or twice and still anchored my pieced blocks by stitching around important areas first. Mind you, my free motion is a lot looser than the typical tight little swirls and curls.
morelcabin - Fabulous. As QuiltE said, we will be around for a long time so would love to see a new project of yours.
gardnergal970-Yes, I, too, frequently use a different colour of thread in the bobbin for quilting. It just means you must be extra careful with your tensions as the thread colour could show on the wrong side if your tension is out.

I have a few craft fairs coming up so decided to do a few maple leaf items. I plan to do a large vase as well as a glass ice bucket in the maple leaf. Did a couple of votive holders this weekend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344524[/ATTACH]
Also bought a bunch of patriotic fabric this weekend so I guess there are more patriotic projects in my future.
Attached Thumbnails pict0014.jpg  

Last edited by works4me; 06-25-2012 at 06:20 AM.