View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 AM
grandme26

Originally Posted by Elaray View Post
For over 40 years, I'm sewn garments. Then, I took my first quilting class two years ago. I made a small sampler in the class and three full size quilts since then. I think I'm developing the heart of of quilter. I'm becoming as obsessed about quilting as I am about garment sewing. Here's the evidence:

• I recently took my two young nieces to Barnes & Noble. I went immediately to the needlework section and looked at more quilting books than sewing books. (Of course, I already have dozens of sewing books)
  • My nieces had to drag me away from the quilting magazines.
  • I spend too much time online at sites like Fat Quarter Shop and Keepsake Quilting looking at fabric.
  • I search online for independent fabric stores and quilting shops to visit whenever I'm in a new place.
  • I have more ideas than time (or skill) to carry them out.
  • I'm planning quilts for the nieces mentioned above, even though they probably will have to wait years to get them. I'm also wondering who else I can give a quilt to.

So, tell me, do real quilters do all these things?
WOW I could have written this. I did make my first quilt about 25 yrs ago but made it through the shop that I bought and took all my sewing classes. It was the log cabin block and I made 5, all except one, were for king size beds. I am still using that first quilt on my bed. After doing those I put it up until 4 yrs ago when family life changed and I needed something to take up space in my mind and time. I consider myself a quilter and so are you!!