View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 AM
romanojg

For me; organization seems to be an on going thing. As soon as I think I've found a good system I find something else that I like better. I've just switched up to a slightly larger but still very small sewing room and slowly getting all of my fabric out onto shelves. As I'm doing it I'm realizing one thing; most of it I never knew I had because it was out of site. This made me realize that I need to get it all out in the open; the fabric anyways. I have the cube book shelves with the canvas totes in them from Walmarts and I put projects in them if I haven't finished them along with a picture of the project on the outside so that I don't forget what's inside. On the ones with notions, etc I put a label so that I know what's in side; or I'll forget. For me, out of sight is really out of mind and that's not good when you are on a tight budget. I'm still working on organizing my new sewing room and liking the fact that as I'm doing it I'm discovering some things about how my mind works. You'd think I'd have known by now.