View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Neesie

Had to make a "minor" change, in the plans. We had the three girls here, last week, and did a few other crafts (to test the waters). Turns out the younger girls' fine motor skills are still a bit "young" and while they did stick with a craft, they were both tired of it, before it was finished. On the other hand, my 9.5 yo DGD seems to be powered by Eveready and Duracell, both! We kept her from Thursday through Sunday, after my DD took the other two back. Friday, she picked out her fabrics, then I got the squares cut. Then she decided how she wanted them arranged. On Saturday and Sunday, she learned to pin and sew! We used the post-it notes block, for a seam guide . . . but I think next time, she'll graduate to using a strip of painters' tape, as a guide. Will post some pictures, in a bit (gotta get them off of my camera). She did VERY well, for her first time! Practiced briefly, on a strip of scraps, then I let her have the squares. Had to rip/redo a few minor parts but overall, she did really great . . . and she loves it! Once she gets off of the slow speed, it'll be much more fun. I did do a heart applique, with her name and date, but all of the rest, she did! We only got the top done and will put on the backing, next time she comes over.

Will return, in a bit, with pictures. Gotta feed this silly dog, first (she's reminding me it's mealtime).