View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
my wheeler ( has no mounts ,, yet I have seen wheeler 9's on C/l and they have motor's and in portable case's

fact the bulk of the wheeler 9's showing up are motorized and portable , some of these motor have a strap type mount with a hole on each side, I have seen one's where they have just screw the motor to the base ( wood) and simply ran a belt to the hand wheel...

remember in 1910, teh little ye ol sewing shop wasn't just a short drive away.. and ordering online took a bit more than overnight ..

I read that singer did copy wheeler's design for the first few yrs, then started doing mod's to that machine. I would think the first mod may have been a motor mount or maybe just screw hole in the body..

whites first motor mounts where just two screws on teh back of teh column , which would be a very easy thing to do on a w9 / 9w
I have a Singer 9W-7 treadle machine. I'm quite familiar with them. Don't really care for them due to the fact they turn backwards. It will be interesting to see how they motorized the 9W when I get it.

Joe