Old 06-26-2012, 05:32 AM
jennb

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Jenn, sorry you couldn't get the lady to budge on the $185 machine but the one you won at Goodwill is beautiful. You are a wonderful friend to drive 2 hours to pick a machine up for your friend. PS: you must not have too many machines yet, if DH wonders why you didn't keep your friend's machine for yourself.
Well, I actually just met her this past week. She had a booth at Martha's sewing market and needed someone to babysit her booth while she taught a class, so I offered. We got to talking and I was telling her about my machines I've found so she told me to find her one at "my prices" lol. Believe me if she didn't buy this one I would have. I don't have a singer treadle, so it would have been a nice addition to my collection, but considering the number of machines I've bought in the last couple of weeks I need to get the ones I have cleaned up and out of the carport before I acquire any more, plus I have a couple of orders I need to get cracking on since babies are coming regardless of whether or not I have their nursery sets complete! I've got a few too many irons in the fire right now with various projects sewing and furniture restoration-wise, so I need to finish a couple before bringing more home. Besides, the lady I got this one from said she had more, and she's a military wife at the same base here, and I have something she wants so maybe we will work out a trade in the future I offered to help her identify what all she has still from her grandmother's house.

Mom will pick up the machine I won from Goodwill since its down the road from her house, and I'll get it from her next time I see her. Couldn't pass that up for 5.00, even if it isn't working..