View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Jenniky

Hello Ladies, I had a lot to read to get caught up.. LOL Didnt get as much done as I would of liked yesterday. I prepped sandwich practice blocks and did a lot of reading, watching tutorials and took a long nap in there somewhere.

QuiltE the links you provided were invaluable thank you so much. I was studying a lot about threads yesterday the different wts. and I never knew that you could use a different color thread on the bottom and not have it show up on top. Im glad you like the way my mystery train is coming along. Im adding 20 inches to the top and 12 inches to the sides then a three inch solid color border all around. Im very excited about the additions I have come up with. I have to wait until Wednesday to finish. I need to go pick up more of the brown, blue and also Paisley material to achieve what I have drawn out. Its an hour drive to the material store where I bought the fabric.

Muv - Looking forward to seeing your Flax Flower when you are ready. The close up of the banner quilting was very helpful. I like how you used the zipper foot. Makes for a nice guide around the applique.

Dublb, JeanieG, Gardnergal, Works4me, Ladies you all have supplied me with invaluable insight and advice. Thanks for being so supportive in answering my requests for input. Hopefully I didnt miss anyone.. because you are all special friends.