View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:04 AM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by mtchick View Post
At age 69 I am a fairly new quilter and have been lurking on this board for a while. Thank all of you for your helpful hints, suggestions, and ideas that I have learned so far. I have been making Quilts for Kids, table runners, and that sort of thing and know how much fabric to buy when I have a pattern. My question when you see fabric that is "telling you to take it home" but you don't have any specific project in mind, how much do you buy? I would like to make some larger quilts for family members, but if I don't have a pattern I have no idea how much to purchase. Being on a limited income, I can't buy "just because" but would like to build up a stash for future projects. I think I caught the "quilting bug" from this board but hopefully it isn't the 24-hour variety and they aren't working on a cure for it. <SMILES>
You needn't worry about being cured of your quilting illness any time soon. I started quilting back in the 80's & am still going strong... no cure in sight... LOL! In fact, I think the desire to acquire fabric gets worse!