Old 06-26-2012, 02:00 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Hi Nancy,

Picture the crazy plug combo as a Singer double lead cord. The wonky side is for foot controller IF USED. Your knee bar is getting power from the power cord and doesn't need the foot controller to operate. My guess is if you get a foot controller and splice it into the upstream knee bar wiring it should work. Probably other ways to do this also. Good Luck and hope an original cord turns up

Jon
Well, Rod wired in a regular Pfaff foot pedal to the knee control wire/plug. The sewing repair guy from A-1 was right. The motor was running all the time, doesn't shut off. So he was right about the right side being the speed control, and Candace was right that the right side is for the foot pedal. I talked to my sewing guy here and he said there is a bridge between both sides of the plug for the knee control - that is why the knee control works without the rest of the plug. The modern foot pedal is configured different enough that it won't work correctly without both sides of the cord plugged in. DH is going to have to re-wire the old knee control back on with a longer cord! I am holding my breath that it will work like it did before he took it apart and put on a different foot pedal!!!!

If all goes well, I will just order the cord Miriam first pointed out to me and let it go! This whole thing has given me a headache!

Nancy