Old 06-26-2012, 03:13 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Miriam, I totally agree with you - I think the knee control was bridged in just to make it go in a cabinet easier. You know how short that knee control cord is - I had to test it using hand pressure while it sat next to me on the counter! I hope now Rod can put that knee control back together with a longer cord; and, it runs without the wonky side of the plug!

I said this has given me a headache! Well it is a good headache as we all learn from these type situations - where something 'different' comes up! Pretty interesting, but baffling too!

Nancy
I had a Bernina with a stupid knee control - got rid of it - we never did figure out how something or other worked - we got frustrated with how ever it was set up - wish I could have put it up here for questions - we could have pooled our ignorance and maybe come up with something. At least yours works. I have another Bernina somewhere - I think it might be good for parts at this point - or a door stop - I can't even remember what its issues were. I do remember that the bobbin goes in the back of the machine - PITB. I seem to remember it made some nice stitches - maybe ok for sewing... I'm not real sold on those machines. Too hard to get info to work on them. I kind of get the idea they want to work on it and tell you to buy a new one because it might be cheaper than paying for repairs or something. Not my epoch. Someday when my shop is all cleaned up and I have nothing better to do I might dig the stupid thing out and see if I have learned a thing or two since I looked at it when ever - I lent it to somebody a few years ago and they gave it back... I don't blame them. They moved to Idaho. Sometimes I wonder if it is genius or stupid engineering on some of those machines - DH says there is a circle of intelligence 11 o'clock is genius and 1 o'clock is moron... some engineers seem to operate in the 12 o'clock area...