Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Well, Nancy, it looks like you'll get it working and that's all that counts. I suspect there was a misconnect to your sewing machine repair guy via email. I would think he just didn't understand the question or what exactly had been done to the wiring. I read a post or two on the vintage Pfaff group that a few others have discovered a Pfaff wired differently, like yours. So, the cabinet suppliers or someone else in the food chain adapted them for the cabinets they were in. Finding just a cord will be very expensive. It's probably more cost effective to buy another machine. Maybe the 360 etc. with the original cord and then share between the two. Just make sure the outlet/cord on the 360 is the same. Some aren't. So, not to enable you, but that's the route I'd go if I just had to have the original cord:>
Well Candace since I seem to have a soft spot for Pfaff's I will probably find one with an adaptable cord one day, but that is not what is important to me. I just want to be able to use this one now. I think the repair guy totally understood what I asked him. I just asked him what the wonky looking right side to the plug was for. He was right and so were you - it controls the foot pedal! I have no doubt about that now that Rod wired a regular Pfaff foot pedal to the knee control plug. It ran all the time like the repair guy said it would! I know the foot pedal is configured a little different than the older knee pedal, but it baffles both DH and I as to why one works right and one continually runs - you'd think both the knee control and the foot pedal would act the same when wired to the same cord? Rod thinks the new Pfaff foot pedal is bad. I don't know, I just know the machine did exactly what the repair guy said it would with a foot pedal wired in without the second part of the plug being used.

As soon as he can, I want Rod to put the original knee control back on the machine - it worked - don't know why - but, it worked just fine with just the left side of the plug!

Nancy