Old 06-26-2012, 05:53 PM
J Miller

Well, the picture didn't show the years of grime. Or the missing light bracket screws under the face plate. Or the worn out belt. Or the super dry insides. Or the missing thread guide with it's little screw that is also the needle stop.

I've spent the entire afternoon since we got home cleaning and oiling the insides of this machine. But she is responding.
I had the screws to the light bracket. After replacing those the bulb burned out. I had one of those. The dry insides got a thorough soaking of Tri-Flow oil. Boy howdy did that make a world of difference. I had a much better used belt and put that on. Oiled the motor.
Washed the outside really good. Much better.

After all that I put a needle in it and it sews soooooooo quiet. ZZ's good too. Then there is a problem with the stitch width lever dragging on the chrome trim in the side of the machine. It looks like something inside is pressing down on it, so I'm cogitating on how to correct that. Once that's done I figure it will sew beautifully.

The thread guide and screw will have to come from the LSMG perhaps tomorrow.

This is going to be a good machine. There is only 10 cams for it, but there are some patterns we don't have on the others so it has a place in our collection.

Joe