View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:50 PM
nancia

welcome, mamajack!! sure you can come play!! our theme is refreshing and cool, and that can be whatever it means to you! at the moment some of us are playing with permanent markers and isopropyl alcohol. suggested vodka, but not sure that will work on the art, but pretty sure it will have an effect on the artist! seriously, as if, i took my dh to target to pick up a dish pan, etc and conned him into buying sharpies in 18 colors, 91% alcohol and 2 wash basins--one to contain the alcohol spray 8-). in return i bought him a starbucks coffee. it's really give and take in our relationship. he gives, i take . he is a very nice guy! our dishwasher won't be fixed until thursday, so that's why the dishpans in the first place. i'll use them later for dyeing cloth-- probably thursday afternoon. this week end is a heat advisory, and i just can't get stuff done when dh is around. he distracts me. i'm not going out in the heavy heat, and he'd have a cow if i dyed in the kitchen ( like i did before, but he doesn't know, shhhh.) it's not as messy as he thinks. he makes LOTS more mess making chocolate egg cremes! i have an idea i want to try, think i'll use muslin first, and if i like it, pima cotton. what is the effect of procion dyes on alcohol treated sharpie permanent markers? anyone know??
jump right in, people! the water's fine!!
good question-- do we have a deadline? i think we just sort of move on to the next challenge at the end/start of the month, no carved in stone date! we don't swap, altho' some of us like to donate once in awhile.

Last edited by nancia; 06-26-2012 at 08:55 PM.