View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:32 PM
beatys9

I did something similar to the method Chester describes. I had a customer that purchased an octagon Dresden Table Topper from me. She wanted 4 matching placemats, but just the Dresden plate - not the extra fabric I normally applique it to. I made the same matching Dresdens, then used coordinating fabric cut to the full shape of the finished plate. Sewed them right sides together, then made a slit in the center of the backing fabric to turn it through. Pushed out the points. I used the Easy Dresden tool but just drew the points as a sewing guide instead of sewing & turning each point. Then appliqued the center circle onto the back to cover the slit. She loved them & it worked nicely for placemats.

Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Have you tried the book "Dresden Plate Quilt - a simplified method by Wendy Gilbert". Its a Quilt in a Day publication. You sew a backing onto the plate & turn it inside out then just applique around the block. I have been very happy with the ones I have made. Here is a picture of one:[ATTACH=CONFIG]344894[/ATTACH]