Old 06-27-2012, 02:29 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes Miriam, that is a bobbin winder in the top. Yes, I've sewed with it and it wasn't a problem to thread. Just wanted a manual to find out about the knob that's around the reverse button. I was trying to find where the stitch length is. It's not the push button and turn knob next to it. So it has to be that knob, but it's stuck. Or someone tightened it too much, OR it might just be stationary. Who know? This machine is called a Universal De Lux.
Claudia
Ok you said the knob is stuck. You are going to have to use some Triflow and it is very tricky to get these unstuck. Turn the machine upside down and look inside as you try to move the knob - can you see where it is at? Also look at the stuff that does move and then look for what is NOT moving. You have to play detective. You can drop a drop of Triflow onto what ever you see that should move but doesn't - is this vague??? it is a hunt for sure... After you oil, gently turn the knob and punch the button. It may not move yet - keep trying for a few minutes. Then turn the machine over and move it some more - maybe Triflow - keep trying to move the button/knob. Then turn the machine end up and try again - try end down - in other words turn that machine all directions to get the Triflow into the one tiny place that is stuck. It is the oil you can't see that is stuck. You can also try heat but be careful not to melt any plastic parts. You also don't want to get your cords too hot. I have set a machine in the car long enough to get warm and that helped. I have had a couple machines that the knob turns on the shaft but the shaft is still stuck so be careful.

Last edited by miriam; 06-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.