View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:42 AM
lonestardreams

Happiness Bears-
Congratulations on your decision to buy a machine. It's wonderful that you have discovered how exciting sewing can be

I can tell by your post that you will end up with a great machine. Each of us has preferences and that's what will matter to you- your preferences

I have a Bernina and a Brother. The Bernina is a small machine, great for taking to classes. When I was in the market for something bigger, I had a large Bernina in mind. While I visited my dealer, I tried that machine, then a Janome and then the Brother. I fell in love with the Brother.

I tell you all this not to suggest any machine but to agree with those that have suggested that you try different machines, check on used machines and get a feel for what you would like to be sewing on for many years. I had never considered a Brother before trying the one I ended up with. You might find what you like just by trying as many as you can. I also agree that a good dealer, close by, that can service your machine is very important.

Whatever you choose, let us know, post photos of it and your projects. Have a great time choosing your machine and then stitching away.