Old 06-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Snooks

Originally Posted by ragqueen03 View Post
Thank Goodness the quilt police were not around last night. Tried my hand at stitch in the ditch. My goodness you would have thought I was sewing under the influence! Couldn't do a straight line for anything. guess the old eyes ain't what they used to be! Now in search of a lighted magnifier to attach to sewing machine - any recommendations? I wish there was one that you could plug in and not use batteries - is there such a thing? Thanks!
I feel for you! When I SD, I do it early in the day before I get tired. I have found late in the day or in the middle of the night I'm only good for straight lines or fancy machine stuff (NOT small tight stuff). A far as a light and magnifier go. I use the OLD kind that mount on the end of a desk (or sewing table). They plug in, but are big (use in fine computer work - QC stuff - jewelers use them). They move any way you want them & the arm is long. A lot of times they are at garage sales for a couple of bucks, but they are great. Because the arm is long you are able to mount out of your way, but still be able to use it in just the spot you want it. Mine is mounted on the right side of my sewing table, so it does not get in the way of anything I'm sewing or quilting. Good luck