View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 06:19 AM
nanna-up-north

Default I bought myself a birthday present!!

For the last few years, I've gotten myself my own birthday present. I don't have to worry about asking for something that cost too much from my kids or sounding too chimpsy. And I get whatever I want.... and never spend much money. Anyway, I bought 2 Singer sewing machines in pretty good condition and am happy as punch.

I had asked about the 101 in another thread and was really a little iffy about getting it. But, the seller wanted $35 for the 99K and $35 for the 101 but would sell both for $35. I couldn't pass that up. The 101 is missing the slide plate so if anyone has one to sell or would know where I could get one I like to find that. It sews well and has a happy, smooth sound.

The 99k's slide plate has a couple of bad places on it. And, the light is burned out. I haven't been able to get the bulb out yet but will get it, I'm sure. It's pretty big in the socket so it's going to take some effort. Then I have to find a new bulb.

I tested both of them at the seller's house and they both worked.... the 99K seemed to have an issue at first but was fine once the cord was straightened. I might have to do some re-wireing on the foot pedal. We'll see!

So here they are..... happy birthday to me!
Attached Thumbnails 99k.jpg   101.jpg