Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
sheri i am just curious, what is the purpose of making siggi blocks to trade when they are not going as a label to a quilt project? is this swap just about collecting siggi blocks in general or do you do something with them?
Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
People do different things with them. I know in the Dear Jane thread we've talked about trading a signiture block between all the ladies who are working together to finish that. Some are using them in the backing as a momento. Some have made quilts for momento. I recently found a quilt in my MIL's closet she made with her sewing friends years ago and they each did a block and signed them. I think it's just a fun thing for memories, if you want. I see mine as a border or a backing on a quilt I've made from blocks traded through the QuiltBoard or like my mystery quilt done with all you here on the train. Just ideas. I think SharonB posted some finished projects people have done in the past.
Mine will be intermixed with the siggie blocks and other sqs to make a momento QB quilt of the participating QB members.. I love the idea since I for one am on the QB ALOT.. There's room for others to join too.. if anyone is interested..