View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Noiseynana

Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
Looking back to the days as the little kid ( 50's ). I always noticed that many women when sewing had a same round tin of something sitting next to there machines, they would rub there fingers in this stuff, the pick up there pins...

I know everyone here at things has a problem threading the eye of the needle,,, we just to old and get the kid to thread it.. everyone has there tricks to do this,,

at times this trick just doesn't work well, and that thread is not going in the hole.. we have all been there ..

I was told once that what was in these tin's was a soft wax and use to put on thread to keep it from fuzzing up, so they could thread there needles,,, for months this image of those ladys using there tins keeps coming up..

last night, not having any type of a soft wax, I got out a piece of ivory soap and used that ...on my thread . BINGO , piece of cake.. The thread stays straight,, no fuzz at the end and goes right in the eye.....

Now,,, am I dreaming or was that what those tins were really used for, and can we get this today....
Yep , its called Thread Heaven.