Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM
KathyKat

Default My new sewing table and re-arranged sewing room

My son and DIL have been staying with us the last couple of weeks since they sold their house in Missouri and can't get into their new one in Rochester, MN until July 1st. My son offered to make me a new sewing table from a new counter top that was given to me. We bought 15" and 18" drawer cabinets that I stained and sealed for the base. We left them at counter height so I could keep all 8 drawers. Counter height was ok with me since I worked on lab benches that height during my career. I ordered a new drafting chair with adjustable height. My sewing machine bed is now even with the counter top which will make quilting easier for me.

My room is 11.5 x 15ft and my husband built in a day bed which I often sit on to hand sew or dream of new quilts while listening to music or audiobooks. I intend to make a quilt cover and pillow shams for it someday. There are 4 large totes stored underneath it of which only 2 have my fabric stash in.

My new room arrangement gave me a more wall space to hang my rulers and to increase the size of my design wall by sewing 2 flannel backed table cloths together. I set my ironing board up in front of storage shelves in my room when I need it.
The closet is a little cleaned out but will eventually get more shelving to get things of the floor of it.
Love my new organized room and especially my son whom you'll get a glimpse of in one picture.

I'll post again with the rest of the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01202.jpg   dsc01204.jpg   dsc01205.jpg