Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
ShabbyTabby

I also have fibromyagia, arthritis, COPD, 2 knee replacements and one hip replacement. Here are some things I do.
1. Use my "grab it" to pick up things I drop. It has magnetic tip to pick up pins and needles also.
2. Lower the ironing board next to my sewing table so I can just turn and press rather than get up. It's also great to put a small cutting mat on if I have to cut something or trim or cut.
3. Have a regular cutting table so I don't break my back leaning over to do cutting on larger pieces.
4. I have a small 3 drawer clear plastic unit that sits on my sewing table in which I keep scissors, rotary cutter, measuring tape, pins, some plastic templates (flying geese, triangles, etc.) instructions that came with specialty rulers, seam rippers, and all other small tools I need for my quilting right at my fingertips.

The one thing most helpful to me is my GD who lays everything out on the floor and pins to make the sandwich...LOL. That's one thing I just cannot do...if I ever got down there I'd never get up. !!!