Thread: Recent Projects
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM
quiltingdragon

Default Recent Projects

I'm brand new on the board, so I thought I'd show you some of my recent work since we have had special stuff at guild and aren't having Show and Tell for three months...

This is my most recent finish, a scrap quilt for one of the ladies at church who just moved into The Baptist Home for the Aged in Ironton, MO. I called it "Butterfly Garden" since the back is Laurel Burch Botterflies.

I made it from the scraps of a baby quilt that I called "Bloom", which I made in April for a shower for another church lady. Baby Norah's mom loved it, and I had some serious separation anxiety. I wish I had more of the focus fabric, but it was a stash fabric I bought back before I was a quilter, intending to sew a home ec project out of it.

The very first quilt that I made I never photographed, because I never finished the binding. I'll have to do that one of these days. The baby it was intended for passed away and I put the quilt away somewhere. The first one I actually finished was "Irish Stars" which I made for a baby gift for a friend.

In between i've made... five? quilts for friends babies out Moda Sock Monkey fabric, as they all seemed to have the same nursery theme. This one was made from my favorite go to baby pattern, Yellow Brick Road.