Thread: Bernina Prices?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Bicycle Hobo

I have been sewing professionally and for personal use for over 30 years now. What I have learned is while the sewing machine is a very important part of the designing/construction process, it is not the only thing needed. Other things are more so. Like your designing/sewing skills. I take mine very seriously. Plus I can, and have in the past, use all types of sewing machines when available. I use the domestic lock stitch sewing machine for home use. I prefer over the home one, and use whenever possible, the industrial lock stitch sewing machine. I also love using the overlock or serger sewing machine, both home and industrial versions.

But the sewing machines I prefer in either case is the simplest mechanical ones. With fewest stitches offered (generally only zig zag stitches)-more emphasis on stitch formation and proven durability/reliability rather than being "in" or overly coveted by others. My past and present sewing machines are the simple basic models of Kenmore, Janome, or the Juki industrial sewing machines.