Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 AM
mpspeedy

I don't waste much time worrying about my stash. A couple of years ago I finally admitted to myself that I would not be doing much garment sewing. I packed up all of the fabric I had been saving for that purpose and donated it to our local Vo Tech textiles school. I have fabric stored in cardboard boxes, plastic bags, plastic tubs and just stacked high. I don't worry about anything happening to it except falling on me. Several months ago, in an attempt to make a dent in my stash I went through some of it and paired up backs and fronts for Linus quilts. If I ever get done making them into quilts I will move on to the next pile. I average about 20 Linus quilts a month so you get the idea just how much fabric I have. I still can't resist buying more if I find a really great buy in the clearance aisle. I also make the little Princess Pillowcase dresses. Just another excuse to buy fabric. I have to do my part to keep the economy going. I hate to waste coupons.
In more than 45 years of sewing and quilting I have rarely had to discard any fabric because it was soiled, stained or damaged beyond some use.