Old 06-28-2012, 04:39 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
Dear ladys, I have to tell this...

In buying these machines,, the men I know think it ok to cool ,, The women think I'm nuts. I'm in a very small town with one store ,, which is also the local newpaper , gossip center, of course they know about all these machines but had never seen any..

Today was a real thrill getting the 3 machines, unpon returning to my town,
I stop at that store before going home,, having this La vencedora I went ahead and carried that one in to show them the why's of doing this.

In going back out two ladys stopped me to look at that machine,,

each talking of there days with the old singers,

, walking over to my car ,, I see this old ladys waiting in a car , she is smiling,, the window rolls down and " I learned to sew on one just like that , with this huge grin on her face,

I held it up to where she could look it over really good and touch the machine,, as I started back to my car ,

I hear this huge " Thank you " from her

now they cost me 150 for the 3 another 50 to go get them so my total was 200 on 3. after the smiles on there faces and her thank you ,, that money was some of the best I have ever spent

. now I sit with a warm heart and a smile.. knowing these old things bring back memories for others..

something money can't buy ...
Yep, I love to take a new old machine with me to a Girls Night Out, just to see the wonder and smiles as some people 'remember' and others just look at them with awe!

Thank you for sharing your story!

Nancy