Old 06-28-2012, 07:48 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Notsureif, geeze I have been looking up your new 16-188 and WOW what a machine you found!~ I don't remember another 16-188 on this board, but that is one amazing machine! It has upper and lower feed! The upper feed and lower feed can be used separately so you can feed the upper or lower feed faster or slower depending on what you are sewing. That machine will sew medium weight leather! It drops its feed dogs and it has a 'high lift' on the pressure foot! Geeze, it also has about 10 1/2 inches under the arm - I would say 10 1/2"s of 'harp' space - but some people on here get really upset if you say 'harp' space! I don't remember another machine with an adjustable walking foot! I am going to have to go measure my 31's to see if they are the same size as your 19" bed! Congratulations! What an interesting machine!

Also, how hard is it going to be to get the 16x1 needles? Never mind - not hard at all as that is the needle my 31's take - It is obvious I haven't played with those machines yet!

Nancy
Nancy,
So what's wrong with using the term "harp space"? It just sounds silly to me as a harp is a large triangular musical instrument. But I've yet to read any incriminations on the use of the phrase. I guess I'll go back using "arch" instead of "harp".

Joe