View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 10:39 AM
irishrose

Thank you for all the compliments. I have four birth daughters, but I have 'adopted' a few along the way. This one is for my precious firstrborn who lost her husband to a horrible disease, then the only house they ever lived in plus all the antiques they collected together burned to ground five months later. Hense the yellow. She needs sunshine in her life, though she already has it with her daughters and their families. Why did I obsess with hers so much? Because she can outquilt me anyday - she sews a straight line and uses 1" strips. Not for me, thank you. My other children can't sew. But K has no time for quilting now so this is fine. The other problem? As first born organized child, the colors had to be matchy-matchy. It was to boring (the first section), so I went scrappy with the back and the border. She needs some her mother's disorganization in her life.

I like the lily, but she thought it was funny - another 'organized' difference. I can applique better than she can - or at least my Elna can. That machine loved appliquing when these children were small. I can't outdraw her or daughter #4, but we all have our strengths.

Enough rambling. Thank you.
Judy