Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

nancy, I got up morning and took out the tape measure, your right on it's size,, this thing ( 16-188) is huge, I mean a monster ..

I have never named a car or machine other than POS or PITA...

BUT , This thing has to be either Burtus or Bubba,, it well wore as far as paint,, half the bed is raw metal, maybe a 1/3 of the decals still show, my thoughts are to clean and just clear coat the machine, making it easier to keep clean. yet show it's age.

I was worried about the needles, but nope the shop has a drawer full and many sizes, 50 cents each.., I check the bobbin because I read they were NLA, turns out the what I think is known as class 15 ? wide ones with all the holes in them.

you know what I made the deal to buy this aweek before she sent me a photo, so sight unseen. when she sent a pic the day before I when after it, seeing the photo,, I had to change my pants, I couldn't believe it was still in a treadle base..

I got the 66 treadle and the 128 yesterady also, with those it's time to call off this machine collect deal , BUT I know here there two more singer industrails a 16 and a 61 w, now I want those..

I'm a told junkie, my shop is all vintage to antique tools as in south bend lathe 1933, logan mill 1941, craftmans wood works tool from the 40's to mid 50's so on... all stuff before we became a throw away world..

this 16 - 188 is 90 year old..the only wear I see is where the upper foot hand lever has been viberating on it stop, there is not one puch mark from a needle hitting..

This 128 looks like a toy