Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 AM
helou

Thank you again ladies... I am still blushing from all your comments! I assure you that there is a lot of flaws in it, which does not show in the pictures I posted... my handstiching got better at the end as this quilt gave me the chance to get a lot of practice...
Handquilting a 2 sided pieced quilt was difficult at times and the "reverse" side does not look as nice at time. I read many times on this board, that we usually do not look at a quilt with magnifier and that from a few inches away, we usually do not see what the quilter sees while making the quilt. That made me accept things that I did not like and that I did not find "perfect" or to my satisfaction lolll

Originally Posted by KathyPhillips View Post
Nice Quilt!! Where is the pattern for the chain link squares around the border? I love this border!! Did you hand quilt it? I love the tulips in the border. They look like they were made by hand quilting.
the pattern idea for the border. here.. http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AnotherLinksBorder.html

I hand quilted it, yes and it was part of my learning process... slowly at first, un doing it at times but I must admit that I am very stubborn or if you like, very determined when I want to learn something... as for the tulips in the border, I found a quilting stencil in a fabric store that sell 100% quilting cotton and I marked the border with it, as I went along...
Hope that answers your question!!!